For a General Skilled Migration in Australia, applicants need to score at least 60 in the points test. These points are awarded for different eligibility criteria like age, English language proficiency, work experience, Australian study requirements, etc. Generally, 60 is the minimum limit, and thus, if someone wants to get some additional points, doing a Professional Year Program will help. So this post discussed the program structure and the significant benefits.
What Is A Professional Year Program?
It is an organized and structured program that deals with the professional development of the applicants. So This program combines formal teaching and workplace experience for international students who have completed their graduation from an Australian university. These programs are currently available in three fields – Computer Science, Engineering, and Accounting. But the reason behind it is that the demand for skilled graduates in these Australian industries is high.
What Skill you Will Dovelop by This Program?
Under this program, you will go through the following training and skills.
- Interview skills and CV preparation
- Business communications
- Industry-specific professional training
- Australian work practices
- Workplace internships of 12 weeks
- Workplace relationships
If you attend a Professional Year Program in Adelaide, it will equip you with the skills you will require to apply to Permanent Residency in Australia. So these training and skills will help you prepare to work in an Australian workplace. You should remember that those Professional Year Programs will be recognized by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), which have proper approval from the Australian Government.
What are the major benefits of a Professional Year Program?
There are several reasons why you should complete this program. Those reasons are as follows.
It provides internship opportunities
As this program will allow you to do an internship in an Australian workplace, you can get some prior experience, which will be a significant advantage for joining an Australian company. International candidates often find it very challenging to get a decent job in Australia. Doing an internship under a PYP will open numerous pathways for you to get a good job. In addition, you will also get a permanent position in the company after you have completed this program.
You will get good knowledge about the Australian work culture
You will also understand the Australian culture and practices that prevail in an Australian professional sector.
Your communication will prove significantly
Only knowing good and competent English will not mean someone can also be an excellent communicator. If you want to communicate with your Australian colleagues professionally, you need to come under regular practice. This program will provide you with this opportunity, too.
Your CV will improve
A professional year certificate will add value to your CV. It will again help you when you are applying for a job.
It will expand your professional network
You will get to connect with peers and top professionals in the relevant industry. This way, you can also expand your social and professional environments and meet with those people who share the same interests and passion as you.
It will help you get some extra points for your visa application
But most importantly, you will be eligible to obtain five additional points in the ‘points test’ of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) at the time of the Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) Visa application.
It will help you explore new areas
If you want to explore new fields, only PYP is the best option for you.
Read more:- Certificate 3 Or Certificate 4
Who is eligible to join a Professional Year Program?
To be eligible for a Professional Year Program, you should meet the following requirements.
- You should have completed a relevant degree in Computer Science, Accounting, or Engineering from any Australian University.
- You should hold a Skilled Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 485) as this visa allows an applicant to stay in Australia for an additional period of 18 months after the completion of graduation.
- Your age should be less than 50.
- Your qualification should have been completed within six months before you apply.
- You should possess the necessary qualifications and skills related to an occupation included in the Skilled Occupation List.
- If you are an Engineering graduate and have completed your graduation at a recognized university abroad, you will also be eligible to apply for a Skilled – Recognized Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 476).
How can you apply for a Professional Year Program?
For a successful application, you will need to go through the following steps.
- First of all, you should submit a completed application form. You must also include all the necessary information and make sure that no misinformation is passed.
- A certified copy of the passport will be required. As a foreigner, your passport will be your valid identity document in Australia.
- You must submit your Curriculum Vitae.
- You also have to provide valid proof of English language proficiency and you should check the required English test score for this program.
- Your Certified visa Copy will required.
- Academic requirements are necessary. You need to submit copies of all the mark sheets you have received in each qualification so far.
- Last but not least, you should have a successful skill assessment from a relevant authority.
Professional Year Programs Recognized By The Government Of Australia?
There are various Professional Year Programs, which have recognition from the Australian Government.
For accounting, three recognized courses are CPA Australia Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting (SMIPA), Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting.
For Computer Science, you should take the Australian Computer Society Professional Year Program. And, for Engineering, the available option is the Engineers Australia Professional Year Program.
For more information about the Professional Year Program in Accounting in Adelaide or accounting internship Adelaide, you should get in touch with the high-ranked institute in Australia.