There are various courses offered under the Distance Education program by DDE (Directorate of Distance Education) but technical courses like B.Tech and M.Tech are not offered under distance education programs because technical courses like B.Tech and M.Tech need practical knowledge and physical involvement of an individual in the practical learning and training sessions. If you don’t want to pursue an M.Tech course from regular mode due to the lack of time, then you can opt for a part-time Distance M.Tech Course.
A part-time M.Tech course is a perfect blend of the objectives of a Distance program and a Regular program. This course is specially designed for working students who are unable to attend the college at regular timings. In this course, classes are generally conducted in the evening or on the weekends, or any other time suitable for students, So they don’t have to leave their job to pursue higher education.
Various Specializations offered under Part-Time M.Tech Course
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and many more
Part-time M.Tech Course Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must have completed a B.Tech or B.E degree from a recognized University. If you have an MSc. or MCA Course Degree in a relevant specialization, then you are also eligible to apply for this course.
- Usually, the admissions to this course are based on merit in the qualifying examination or GATE Entrance score. Some Universities and Institutes like SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai conduct their own entrance test to grant admission to the M.Tech Part-time course.
- Some Universities and Institutes demand at least 2 years of professional work experience as an eligibility requirement to offer admissions to M.Tech Part-time courses.
Part-Time M.Tech Course Duration:
Generally, the duration of an AICTE approved Part Time M.Tech Course is 2 to 3 years and each year consists of 2 semesters. For admission to a Part-Time M.tech course offered by reputed institutions like Jamia Milia University , you need to qualify for the GATE entrance exam which is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore.
Application Process of Part-Time M.Tech Course
You can apply for any college that offers part-time M.Tech courses using the online or offline medium. If you want to apply online, you can directly visit the official website of the desired college, check if the college offers a part-time M.Tech program and eligibility requirements, and fill the admission application form. Some colleges require a GATE Entrance exam score to grant admission to candidates,so it will be better to apply for the GATE national level entrance test before filling up the application form.
Top Colleges of Part-Time M.Tech Course
There are many government and private institutions that offer part-time courses for students who are not willing to attend regular classes. Some of the best colleges that offer Part-time M.Tech are mentioned below :
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai (Entrance Examination – SRMJEE)
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi (Entrance Examination- GATE)
- REVA University, Bangalore (Entrance Examination- GATE, PGCET)
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Ramapuram (Entrance Examination- GATE)
- ICFAI Tech School, Hyderabad (Entrance Examination- GATE)
- DTU Delhi ( Entrance Examination- GATE)
- Jamia Millia Islamia (Entrance Examination- GATE)
- HBTU Kanpur(Entrance Examination- GATE)
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology (Entrance Examination -GATE)
- University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad (Entrance Examination -GATE)
Career Scope, Job Profiles, and Employment Areas after Part Time M.Tech Course
There is a wide career scope for an individual after acquiring an M.Tech degree from any mode. There are high chances of bagging a good-paying job after completing a part-time or regular M.Tech course. The job profile depends on the specialization of the M.Tech Course. We are mentioning some of the most popular job profiles after M.Tech :
Major Job Roles after Software Engineering
- Junior Software Engineer (Average Salary- Rs 3.87 L.P.A)
- Software Engineer (Average Salary- Rs 4.2 L.P.A to Rs 6 L.P.A)
- Design Engineer (Average Salary- Rs 3.45 L.P.A to Rs 5.0 L.P.A)
- Assistant Professor (Average Salary- Rs 3.58 L.P.A)
- Software Developer (Average Salary- Rs 5.06 L.P.A)
Major Job Roles after Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Field Testing Engineer (Average Salary- Rs 4.27 L.P.A)
- Service Engineer (Average Salary- Rs 2.67 L.P.A)
- Technical Director ( Average Salary- Rs 21.6 L.P.A)
Major Job Roles after Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Engineer (Average Salary- Rs 2.6 L.P.A)
- Control and Instrumentation Engineer ( Average Salary – Rs 7 L.P.A to Rs 10 L.P.A)
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer (Average Salary- Rs 6.71 L.P.A)
Top Recruiting Companies after a Part-time M.Tech course
- Infosys Technologies
- Morgan Stanley