The functioning of Google lens
It compares your images with others and ranks them according to the similarity. It also tries to understand objects in your image to search for relevant results.
After analyzing the image, it searches for possible results as well. It sometimes narrows down the possible results and shows only the nearest possibility.
One of the benefits of the Google lens is that it tries to show relevant results and filter explicit results.
To give you more accurate results with the help of location. Before using the location, it asks from you first.
It may also use other things, such as signals.
- Matching keywords are there in the page’s title tag in the Google lens results.
- Some of its results have alt text terms.
- It shows results from slow-loading pages.
- Many of its results appear on the top of a web page.
- It ranks authoritative websites.
- It may also provide a ranking for good going websites on mobile phones.
- The Top-performing websites of Google lens are Amazon and Pinterest.
- It not only understands the image: it understands the text written around an image.
- In its results, keywords are associated with the page’s URL.
Google lens ranking
You use keywords with Google lens. Besides that, Google Vision API is also used to search for text-based keywords.
Google uses algorithms for ranking, but other than them, it uses the following:-
- Domain authority
- Alt texts
- Title tags
- Responsive design
Google lens ranking correlates with URLs and keywords rich title-tags. Some of its results have matching alt texts. Alt text has a minimum role in the Google lens.
About Google lens
Other than voice search, visual search is also increasing day by day. It makes it easier for customers to work as they just need a snap and get related details about it.
Additional information is also given by the Google lens. It focuses on the customer-based experience. They get real-time experience and information.
They feel comfortable without typing anything getting results with an image. It works effectively for mobile-friendly sites.
This feature by Google has increased its users. This is because the feature works only with Google images.
Tasks that it performs are:
Some other tasks are:
- Information about a product
- Opening of the web addresses
The functioning of Google ranking
it uses alt text to understand an image. But its importance has not been revealed by the studies. Its role is minimal by now.
High page authority and domain authority are vital for its results. There is a relationship between Google lens authority and its algorithm.
- Page authority and domain authority can be said to be a byproduct of quality content. Lens gives importance to good content as it supports the image.
- Most of the consumers are mobile users; that’s why Google lens shows results from mobile-friendly websites. It conducts a test to check whether a website is mobile-friendly or not.
Google Lens does such a test because it does not want its users to have a bad experience. It wants to ensure that it sends its users to a good website.
- It is not clear by now that whether speed plays an important role, but it recommends having a good speed.
- Those websites that are standing out for visual searches are Amazon and Pinterest. The reason for their performance is the domain authority. Their loading time is faster as compared to others.
- They are mobile-friendly, which makes them out of the box websites. Images appear on the top of their pages.
- It has been noticed that a few lens images are responsive. Their role has not been discussed yet. But it recommends that because it improves a user’s experience.
- There no relationship between responsive image and visual search algorithms as of now. The percentage of responsive is very less.
- Filenames have a very important role to play in the outcomes of Google lens. This is because earlier, it was completely dependent on alt text and filenames for understanding the content of the image.
With the development of technology, it used AI. But the importance of filenames cannot be ignored.
- For lens, a page or website’s relevancy is important. However, there is no way to measure it. Organic Google ranking can be used to check relevance.
- Lens recommends images to be placed near the relevant content. The reason is obvious so that it can understand the image well.
Importance of image search
Image search is developing day by day. The aim is to give customers a real-life experience. Customers shop based on images.
Before buying anything, they would like to have a look at the product’s image. It becomes easier for them with Google’s lens as it gives them suggestions as well.
They have a wider area for shopping with the lens as it translates languages as well. It has style suggestions function in it.
Websites like Amazon are entirely based on images for their sales. It is better if the data on your website is structured so that it can be used as a result.
Google lens supports mobile-friendly websites. So, if you want your website to be shown as a result, then you need to make it mobile-friendly.
It could be beneficial for e-commerce as their sales rely on images. Customers are always in search of those features that reduce their effort.
To get the Google lens to show your image to users, you need to focus on the content as well. It has to be relevant and accurate.
It takes AI to the real world.
Hence, start preparing your website suitable for Google lens as it is going to be the need of the hour!