How to Configure Netgear Extender if Router SSID is Hidden?
Netgear extenders are known for providing a blazing-fast internet connection throughout the home. They amplify the WiFi signals of your home WiFi router and convert dead zones into fun zones. That is why millions prefer setting up a Netgear extender. However, many users find the setup process difficult when the router’s SSID (network name) is hidden. If you are also one of them, then we’ve got your back. Here, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to configure your Netgear wireless extender if the router’s SSID is hidden. Here we go.
Steps to Set Up Netgear Extender with Router Hidden SSID
Here is the breakdown of steps that will help you set up your Netgear extender if the router is not broadcasting its network name:
- Turn On Your Netgear Extender
- Plug your Netgear WiFi extender into a power source and turn it on.
- Wait until the extender’s LED lights turn green.
- Connect Your Extender and Router
- Now, pick an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to your Netgear extender and another to the router.
- Access Mywifiext Page
- Switch on your computer.
- Open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, etc.
- Head over to the address bar and type mywifiext.
- Press the Enter key.
- Log in to Your Netgear Extender
- You will be prompted to log in to your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Enter the default username and password of your Netgear extender into the required fields.
- Once done, click the Log in button.
- Enter the Router SSID Manually
- The Netgear Genie setup wizard will display.
- Select the WiFi range extender option.
- You will see a list of available networks on the screen.
- As the router’s SSID is hidden, so it will not show up in the list.
- So, click the ‘Manually input my wireless SSID’ option
- Click Next.
- Now, enter your WiFi router’s SSID in the Network Name (SSID) field and password (if required).
- Select the same security option as your WiFi router is using.
- Clicking the Next button will initiate the Netgear extender to connect to your router’s network.
- Once connected, follow the on-screen prompts and complete Netgear extender setup.
In this way, you can configure your Netgear wireless extender by connecting it to a router’s hidden network name. Once you set up your extender, you can connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s Netgear_ext network name and start enjoying unlimited internet.
Checkpoints While Setting Up Netgear Extender
- Always plug your Netgear extender into a working power source. Otherwise, it can cause hardware damage.
- Connect your Netgear extender and router using a damage-free Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connection is robust.
- No matter which web browser you are using to access the mywifiext page, verify that it is running on its latest software version. Also, ensure that it is free of cookies, cache, and browsing history.
- Fill in the default login details correctly as they are case-sensitive. A little mistake can prevent you from configuring your Netgear extender. Do not forget to turn the Caps lock key on your keyboard off while entering the default username and password.
- Confirm that the router’s SSID you’ve entered is correct. A wrong SSID will connect your extender to a different network and you might not be able to configure your Netgear extender.
- Avoid refreshing your web browser amidst the Netgear extender setup process.
In the Nutshell
Here, our guide to configure the Netgear extender with the router’s hidden SSID ends. Let’s hope that you found this guide helpful and will be able to set up your Netgear extender. Now you are ready to access the high-speed internet even in the dead zones of your home.
Keeping Fit in Brisbane
We have all heard the importance of keeping fit and healthy. Lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure and overall improvement in the standard of your living, there is denying that a healthier life is a better life. A lot of us have fallen off the health…
5 Points You Must Know Before Undergoing Skin Treatment
Treatment for skin rejuvenation in Melbourne involves a set of cosmetic procedures that help to improve the texture and tone of your facial skin which enhances your overall aesthetic appearance. The process of aging greatly reduces the production of new skin tissues. Prolonged sun exposure…
Powering Your Body: The Function of Thyroid Gland Hormones
Healthcare costs are rising dramatically! Taking care of yourself is more important than ever. One part of your body you may not think about is your thyroid but it is very important for your health. It performs a very important function in your body. Taking…
5 Ways to Quickly Recover From Orthopedic Surgery
If you’re facing orthopedic surgery, the thought of a long and difficult recovery may be daunting. However, there are things you can do to speed up the process and get back on your feet as soon as possible. Here are five tips for a quick…