Importance Of Rudraksha And Rules Of Wearing Rudraksha Beads
Rudrakshas are divine beads that are highly revered in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. Rudraksha beads have many healing properties and offer a wide range of benefits to the wearer. It beads find their mention in the ancient Holy Scriptures and hold a significant place in the history of Hinduism.
The origin of Rudraksha itself is so divine that there are numerous legends that revolve around it. According to our rich history, the Rudraksha bead was born out of the eye of Lord Shiva hence the name Rudraksha. The Rudraksha beads are available in various mukhis (faces) and each mukhi exhibits a unique set of healing properties.
The Rudraksha beads are available in two varieties namely Nepal Rudraksha from Nepal and Rudraksha from Java, Indonesia. Today many people prefer wearing gold Rudraksha chains while some adorn a single bead.
One of the most important features that make Rudraksha stand out from other beads is that Rudrakshas are the only natural beads that vibrate on the same frequency as the human body. As mentioned above Rudrakshas are natural seeds that are found in various mukhis (faces). Every Rudraksha bead is associated with a specific deity and planet.
For example, the seven mukhi Rudraksha is ruled by Goddess Lakshmi and its ruling planet is Venus. Similarly, the nine mukhi Rudraksha is ruled by Goddess Durga and its ruling planet is Rahu.
Benefits of wearing Rudraksha Beads
Ancient sages, deities, and royal families have worn Rudrakshas since ancient times. As time passed, more and more people became aware of the Rudrakshas and their scientific properties and the healing benefits they give. Today, many people invest in Rudrakshas and testify about the healings and empowerment they experience.
The Rudrakshas range from 1 mukhi to 21 mukhi and there are various other varieties like Savar Rudraksha, Gauri Shankar Rudraksha, Ganesh Rudraksha, Trijuti and many more. Every Rudraksha possesses divine innate energies which offer unique benefits. Let talk about a few of the general benefits the Rudrakshas of various mukhis offer
- Brings peace and creates harmony in the relationship
- Attracts wealth and riches
- Boosts immune
- Offers success and growth by paving way for new opportunities
- Blesses the wearer with an attractive personality
- Wards off negativity and attracts positivity
- Helps to calm the mind and rejuvenates the senses
- Helps to offer relief from various diseases
- Can help to cure migraine
- Offers enhanced wisdom and boosts creativity
- Helps to clear the Chakra blockages and cleanses the Chakras
- Helps to materialise the dreams of the wearer
- Safeguards from the evil eye, negative energies and ghostly encounters
- Makes the wearer courageous
- Offers enhanced communication skills
- Helps to get rid of nightmares and offers sound sleep
- Helps to resolve issues related to heart, kidney and lungs
Rules of wearing a Rudraksha
Whenever you buy a Rudraksha make sure that you follow the below-mentioned rules in order to experience the benefits the Rudraksha beads offer
- Always make sure that you energise a Rudraksha by performing the chanting and rituals/Pran Pratishtha
- Before wearing it on your body make sure to chant the respective mantras of the specific Rudrakshas
- Whenever you remove or wear the Rudrakshas on your body keep them in a safe and dry place
- Make sure that you always touch the it with clean hands
- According to a popular belief, one must not wear the Rudrakshas beads on cremation grounds or while indulging in intimate activities with your partner. Scriptures do not mention this but it is a belief
- If you have a Nepal Rudraksha or Java Rudraksha or if you are wearing a gold Rudraksha Mala, make sure you clean it at regular intervals so that all the impurities, dust and negative energies are cleansed and the Rudraksha continues to offer maximum benefits
- Do not touch the Rudraksha bead or a Rudraksha chain with pointer fingers.
How to clean the Rudraksha
Below are a few cleaning tips for the Rudrakshas.
- Wash your Rudraksha beads or Nepal Rudraksha with plain water mixed with Gangajal once every week
- Allow the beads to dry under the fan. If you have a gold Rudraksha chain it is advisable to follow the same cleaning regime
- If you live in a humid climate, soak the Java or Nepal Rudraksha or the Gold Rudraksha chain in water overnight and then scrub it with a brush to clean the after the
- After soaking the Java, Nepal Rudraksha overnight, scrub the beads the next day. Then allow the beads to dry
- Use a toothbrush to gently apply sandalwood oil or olive oil to the dried beads
- If due to certain situations, you are not able to wear the Rudrakshas for more than a week, then ensure that you store the Rudraksha bead in a refrigerator
- If you are on a long tour and would not be able to wear them for a long period, keep them in the refrigerator
- Do not wear the Rudraksha beads during swimming or exercising
- Not to apply talcum powder on your skin and wear a Rudraksha as the powder might enter the pores of the Rudraksha making it difficult to clean
- Do not use strong detergents to scrub the Rudraksha beads or Gold Rudraksha Mala
- Don’t put the Java or Nepal Rudraksha in boiling water
- Make sure that you keep your Java or Nepal Rudraksha bead in a cool dry place and clean it from time to time.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
10 Best Women Face Washes For Glowing & Pimple-Free Skin In India
The last few years have made humankind more aware of their bodies, and various aspects of them. The process of self-love and care is so important in recent times that one should not skip this process at any time. It is only when a person…
Need to flavor up your closeness along with your accomplice?
however, in case you’re hoping to venture to every part of the hole alongside your accomplice, it’s advantageous to showcase the gratitude for building genuine closeness in your relationship that will proceed past that first science. it’s vital to stay associated with your accomplice (both…
How Do I Know If I Have Asthma and How Can I Treat Them?
You will track down that the utilization of inhalers is energy for some. Indeed, the word sounds brutal, however, there is sufficient truth in it. You may have seen large numbers of your companions who are utilizing inhalers, however when you find out if they…
A Yogi’s Guide To Becoming The Best Yoga Teacher | RYT Certification
From helping you understand the limitless nature of your body and mind to connecting with the divine; there is a lot that yoga offers. This ancient art contains in-depth information on not just the physical aspects of your existence but also the subtle aspects of…