Do you think Coronavirus is spreading rapidly in your area? If yes, then you will have to remain safe by following necessary precautions such as wearing a face mask, physical distancing, avoiding crowded places, keeping rooms properly ventilated, cleaning hands with soap and water frequently, using an alcohol-based sanitizer for your hands, and coughing into a tissue or bent elbow.
What to do for keeping yourself and others safe from coronavirus
- Maintain at least one-meter distance between yourself and others–
You need to keep at least one meter distance from others in order to lessen the risk of infection at the time of coughing, speaking, or sneezing. Try to maintain more distance between yourself and others when you are at home to keep your loved ones protected in every possible way. This way, you can keep yourself safe from COVID-19.
- Consider wearing a mask to be normal when around others –
Clean hands before wearing your mask and when taking it off. The facemask should cover your nose, mouth, and chin to protect you from the deadly virus. It is advised to wear a medical mask if you are more than 60 years and feeling sick. Health care workers should wear medical masks as personal protective equipment when engaging with patients who are suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19.
How to make the environment safe and protected
It is suggested to avoid 3Cs which mean spaces that are closed, crowded or involve close contact.
- There have been outbreaks reported in the restaurants, fitness classes, offices, places of worship, nightclubs and choir practices where people gather in the crowded indoor settings to talk loudly, shout, sing or breathe heavily.
- The risks of spreading COVID-19 are higher in the crowded and improperly ventilated spaces where the infected people spend long time period in close proximity. These are the places where virus seems to spread through aerosols or respiratory droplets more efficiently and hence, taking necessary precautions is extremely important.
- Meet people outside – Outdoor gatherings are indeed a safe option than indoor ones, particularly when indoor spaces seem to be small and without allowing outdoor air to enter your house.
- Avoid indoor settings or crowded places –
You may open a window in the house to enhance natural ventilation when you remain indoors. Wearing a mask at home is also important to protect your near and dear ones from getting infected in some way or the other.
Follow the basics of good hygiene habits
- Clean hands thoroughly by using an alcohol-based sanitiser –
You should clean hands regularly with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash with soap and water. This can help to lessen the attack of bacteria and germs including viruses that might be there on your hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth –
Your hands tough different surfaces and can get hold of viruses easily. After it gets contaminated, hands can spread the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth and then the virus may enter your body and infect you.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your tissue or bent elbow –
You should cover your moth and nose at the time of sneezing or coughing and use your bent elbow or tissue. After this, dispose of the used tissue immediately into a closed bin and wash your hands properly. With good ‘respiratory hygiene’, you will be able to protect people around you from the virus that cause flu, cold and COVID-19.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces often that are touched regularly –
You need to clean and disinfect surfaces that are touched frequently such as phone screens, door handles or faucets.
What to do when you are sick
- Know the entire range of symptoms of COVID-19 –
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are dry cough, fever, and tiredness. Other less common symptoms that might affect patients include – headache, loss of smell or taste, aches and pains, nasal congestion, sore throat, red eyes, skin rash, or diarrhea.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms –
If you are having minor symptoms such as cough, mild fever, and headache, then you should stay at home till you recover completely. It is suggested to call your health care provider for proper advice. If you have to leave the house or need someone near you, wear a medical mask so that you may not infect others.
- Seek medical attention when you have cough, fever and difficulty breathing –
If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, then taking the help of medical experts is necessary. You can call by telephone at first and then follow the directions of your local health authority to protect yourself from the deadly disease and get rid of the symptoms quickly.
- Stay updated on the latest information from trusted sources –
There are some trusted sources such as WHO or your local and national health authorities that provide updated information on the latest coronavirus. Your local and national authorities as well as public health units can be the best option to get advice on what people in your area should do to stay protected.
Thus, you need to contact your nearest clinic for PCR swab testing in London and know if you have been infected with the disease in some way or the other.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
How to identify a good prosthesis from an irrelevant one.
A prosthesis can be considered relevant for an individual if it is usable and serves the purpose in accordance with the promises made by the manufacturer. A bionic prosthesis is not a good choice for everyone as the functioning of a bionic artificial limb centre around residual…
Best Anti-Age Serum To Protect Your Skin
It’s essential to have a good at-home anti-ageing skincare routine that can help improve the skin. Anti-ageing serum is almost always more expensive than a standard facial moisturizer. However, you will see a noticeable good change after applying this serum for wrinkles in a week….
5 Simple Steps to Follow For Fitness Success
Fitness Success: For getting a fitness life and successfully lead a healthy life, there are some top steps which everyone should follow. Today, our life congested with so many things that our life stuck in one position. We cannot do so many things in our…
It’s True That Chocolate Works On A Diet! What Is The Recommended Way To Eat?
You have to put up with sweets while you are on a diet, but in fact, there is a theory that “chocolate works for a diet.” Is this true? Introducing the recommended ways to eat while on a diet. Can I eat chocolate while I’m…