Are you planning to pursue your higher studies in Australia? If so, you can go ahead as the Australian Government gives everyone opportunities to have the standard student visa. It is a significant thing, and without obtaining a Student Visa in Australia, no one can come to the country to study. Quite a few prerequisites are present, which you must check before applying for the visa. If you do not attain the requirements, it would be difficult for you to get your visa sanctioned. Let’s check about the visa and its requirements here.
About Student Visa
The Student Visa or Subclass 500 allows you to visit Australia to participate in the course of study. With your enrolment, you can stay for up to five years and bring your family members as well. The application can be filled and submitted inside and outside the country online. Here are the prerequisites to attain while applying for a Student Visa in Perth.
1. Age requirement
Students who are not participating in any secondary exchange course and must be at least six years old. They must also fulfil the other specifications like:
- While starting Year 9, they should be less than 17 years.
- At starting Year 11, they should be less than 19 years.
- While starting Year 10, they should be less than 18 years.
- While starting Year 12, they should be less than 20 years.
2. Make necessary welfare arrangements while below 18 years
When applying for a Student Visa, if aspirants are below 18 years, they must have sufficient welfare arrangements in place while in the country. If you have attained 18 years while visiting Australia, do not forget to inform the Australian authorities about it.
3. Enrolled In The Respective Course And Provide Proofs
Before applying for the visa, you must enrol in the respective course and attach the necessary proof. The authorities would like to check if the program is registered under the “Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).” If you apply outside Australia, submit a CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment) for every program with the visa form. If you are applying inside the country, submit a Letter of Offer or a CoE for all programs. All these papers need to be submitted before your visa gets sanctioned.
4. Meeting English Language Prerequisites
Everyone has to provide proof of English Language skills with the visa application. Use the “Document Checklist Tool” to find details of what all is required to be attached. Obtain a specific test score which the Department will approve. If you come under English language evidence exemptions, you must state information about the same.
5. Have An Australian Visa In The Country
Are you applying for a visa while in the country? If so, you must obtain an eligible substantive visa within 28 days of holding a student visa. There are specific visas which if you hold, you cannot apply for a Student Visa. They are:
- Transit visa (subclass 771)
- Consular visa (subclass 426) and Domestic Worker (Temporary) Diplomatic
- Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403) in the Domestic Worker (Consular or Diplomatic) stream
- Diplomatic (Temporary) visa (subclass 995) – primary visa holder only. However, any of your family members can apply for a student visa in Australia
- Visitor visa (subclass 600) in the Approved Destination Status stream or the Sponsored Family stream
6. Be A Genuine Temporary Entrant
It would be best to be a genuine temporary entrant and return after completing your studies in Australia.
7. Have A Sufficient Amount Of Money
While you are staying in the country, you must have enough money. You must provide details of your finances which shows that it is sufficient for you to reside in the country. It must include details of travel expenses, the fee of the course, and the cost of living. If required, you can ask for an estimate from the Migration Lawyers Perth to help you get an idea of how much funds you must have.
8. Meeting Character And Health Requirements
You and your family members, whoever is applying for the visa, must attain the character and health requirements without fail. The Australian Government mentioned the list of the requirements, and to achieve this, the immigration experts can assist you.
9. Signing Australian Value Statement
There is the Australian value statement that every entrant has to sign while submitting the documents for the visa.
10. The Best Interest Of The Child
The visa will not be granted if it is not in the applicant’s best interests below 18 years.
11. No Cancellation Or Refusal Of Visa
The student visa won’t be granted if your previous application has been refused or cancelled. In this instance, you must check the eligibility for the same.
These are the things to attain by enthusiasts applying for a student visa. If they require any guidance, the migration lawyers in Perth, WA, are there for help.