Do you frequently go for long drives? Scenic road trips in Australia can be delightful and romantic until your car suddenly stops and refuses to run anymore. As a traveler, you will not like such a situation. So, what to do to avoid it? One of the most practical preventive measures will be to have your car checked by a professional car mechanic Adelaide to see if all the components are working correctly. A car breakdown usually occurs when the vehicle is not in good condition and has not been checked for long.
But like every problem has a solution, this issue can also be solved pretty effectively. Remember, you must act fast so that you do not have to suffer for hours.
What Are The Steps To Take When Facing Car Breakdowns In The Middle Of The Road?
Steps that you must take when a breakdown occurs include the following.
• Get off the road– the first step you should take is to search for a safe lot to park your car at the side of the road. It is crucial mainly if the car breakdown occurs on a busy highway. Based on the maximum safety offered, you may reach either right or left side of the road. While performing this task, you should follow the basic traffic rules to keep yourself and your car safe.
• Coast the car safely– At the same time, it is also crucial to coast the car to the point of safety. It will not be a good idea to stand in the middle of the road and call your auto mechanic for service. And when the towing will be carried out, you should also pay attention to the flowing traffic from the back and front sides.
• You Should Not Get Out Of The Car– As you will get stuck in the busy midway, it is recommended not to get out of the car unless it is safe. Even if the engine has stopped working, you must try to obey the road safety rules. And if there is speedy traffic on the road, there is no question of risking your precious life. Until possible, you must stay in your car.
• Wait for the help to arrive– The highway where you are stuck is busy, so maybe patrol vehicles are wandering nearby. Patrol vehicles offer adequate help, and so you should wait for them to come. A patrol officer can suggest the correct solution for your situation and guide you through steps. You can also search for nearby car service centers online. Generally, Australian auto mechanics come within a few minutes of calling.
• Secure your car– In the next step, you can send the message of distress to other drivers getting passed by your car. Outside your driver seat window, you can hang a white or red cloth to inform others about your situation. Another mode of sending the information is using a paper alert. It will make sure that you do not face further problems related to car breakdowns.
• Call for immediate help– Remember, you are stuck in the middle of a busy highway or road. So, you will not have much time to waste. It will be better to try to get help as early as possible. On a road trip, you usually carry your cell phone. Use that thing now. You should call the best patrol service or the best car technician near you. If there is no cell phone, then you can try the nearest local public phone booth. If you have neither of the two, there is no option but to wait for the help to come.
• Avoid being hit by another car– It is one of the most crucial factors that you need to take into account. You should look for maximum prevention to avoid getting hit by any other car. Remember, on the highway, the vehicles run at top speeds, so you should never compromise with safety. It will not be practical to get out of the car frequently to find help. Even if you are outside, it is advisable to stand at the rear side of the vehicle.
• Use warning lights– What if it is night-time and your car suddenly stops with a thud? If you think there is any possibility of such an incident, for example, you should always carry emergency lights if you have to drive for a considerable time at night. And if such a situation arises, place the light at the correct place so that other drivers can spot it.
Top-rated car service Adelaide will come to your rescue immediately. So, if you get stuck anywhere in the city, it will not be any problem to find help. However, before the mechanic arrives, it will be entirely your responsibility to maintain your safety. So, follow these precautions discussed here and avoid unnecessary panicking during the breakdown.