CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is a consolidated national level entrance exam for admission to India’s twenty-two National Law Universities (NLUs). In India, most private and self-financed law schools use these scores for admission. The test is taken following the Higher Secondary Examination or the 12th grade for admission to these law schools’ combined undergraduate degree in law (BA LLB) and Master of Laws (LL.M) programs. It is regarded as one of India’s most difficult admission exams, with a 1 per cent acceptance rate.
The duration of this law entrance exam is two hours. The exam paper consists of several subject divisions which are as follows:
- Comprehension in English is included.
- Current events, as well as general knowledge
- Legal Argumentation
- Reasoning logically
- Quantitative Methodologies
Before the introduction of the CLAT Exam each of the National Law Universities had its unique entrance exam, forcing students to prepare and appear for each of these tests independently. The administration of these tests occasionally clashed with each other or with other significant admission exams. You can visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to prepare for CLAT exam through mock tests, test papers and online courses.
Ways to prepare for the CLAT exam:
There are certain points that students must keep in mind before starting their preparation for the CLAT exam. They must first understand the syllabus of the examination. The sectional division of the subjects that are asked in the examination should be pretty clear to them. They must try to follow a routine to succeed in the entrance examination. Consistency and determination are necessary to crack this examination. Some of the things they must follow to crack the examination are as follows:
- Maintain a schedule:Every exam necessitates consistency. Students must work diligently and consistently to achieve their goals. They must put in long hours daily. Dependable students have a better chance of succeeding. As a result, pupils must adhere to a strict schedule. They must give each subject equal weight. Students will find it easier to pass an examination if they stick to a schedule.
- Practice past year questions:Students must answer previous year’s questions that were asked in previous exams. Practice helps a learner improve their accuracy by removing flaws. This is why, to enhance their problem-solving skills, students should practice a set of questions every day. When pupils have to take an exam, this is quite beneficial.
- Clarity about the syllabus: You must be fully aware of the CLAT 2022 syllabus as well as the test pattern. Is there a negative marking system in place, and are the questions subjective or objective? Questions are now completely based on understanding. The examiner wants to know how capable the candidate is of solving problems. It will also be easy to pay extra attention to issues that carry greater weight if you are familiar with exam trends and syllabus.
- Revision is necessary: It’s critical to revise and to revise frequently, to remember what you’ve read. Revising helps to enhance your memory by brushing up on previously learned facts. You can maintain developing your talents by revising them on a regular basis until they are second nature to you. The human brain has the unique ability to preserve items that have been routinely revised for a longer amount of time.
These things can help students to score good marks in the CLAT examination. They must maintain consistency and learn about new things daily. They must understand the syllabus properly. They must go through the questions asked in previous year papers to get a clear idea of what the questions demand from a student. Thus students must pay equal attention to all the subjects that are important for cracking the examination. Anybody who will work hard consistently in the right direction can achieve success in the CLAT examination.
Powering Your Body: The Function of Thyroid Gland Hormones
Healthcare costs are rising dramatically! Taking care of yourself is more important than ever. One part of your body you may not think about is your thyroid but it is very important for your health. It performs a very important function in your body. Taking…
5 Ways to Quickly Recover From Orthopedic Surgery
If you’re facing orthopedic surgery, the thought of a long and difficult recovery may be daunting. However, there are things you can do to speed up the process and get back on your feet as soon as possible. Here are five tips for a quick…
The Problem of Frequent Urination
You chugged back a whole jug of water or drank a little too much coffee, and now you are squirming to go to the loo; that’s normal. You are very pregnant and are peeing constantly, that’s normal too! However, frequent urination becomes a problem when…
Foods that help in reduction of hot flashes
Nearing menopause, women are plagued by a number of uncomfortable symptoms including hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, weight gain, sleep problems, and vaginal dryness. Experts like gynecologists in Islamabad, recommend lifestyle changes that can alleviate these annoying symptoms. One of such changes that can…