while using Quickbooks, you may come across different kinds of errors. But, these errors are easier to identify and resolve as Quickbooks also mention the error code in the error prompt. These error codes are then grouped under one error code. Some of these error series are easier to resolve and some may need your extra effort. In this post, we have discussed the Quickbooks 6000 error series. This error series is one of the critical error series that you will come across while using the application. You may encounter this error series while working on the Quickbooks company file or while opening it. In this post, we have discussed in detail what Quickbooks error code 600 is and how can you resolve it. So, keep reading to know in detail.
Quickbooks Error Series 6000
This error series is one of the common ones that you are going to face while using the Quickbooks application. You may encounter this error when you attempt to open a Quickbooks company file, make changes to the file, or work on the file. The error series is followed by an error code and usually appears on the screen as 6000 XX where XX is the error code. It will then specify the error code so that you can proceed with resolving the issue.
Reasons to Encounter Quickbooks Error 6000
You must know why you have encountered a certain error. This makes it easy for you to resolve the issue. Below we have listed all the reasons for which a user can encounter Quickbooks error 6000.
- The firewall present on your system is blocking communication.
- Quickbooks related files are corrupted.
- The network on your system is not configured properly.
- Different users are attempting to use the same Quickbooks application.
- In case you are attempting to restore a backup of the previous Quickbooks file.
- If the company file that you are attempting to open is damaged on the system.
Here’s How to Get Rid Of Quickbooks Error Code 6000
Till now, we have explained to you in detail what Quickbooks error 6000 is and why you encounter it. Now, it’s time to know how to resolve the issue. Below we have mentioned all the methods that will help you resolve the issue. All you need to do is to follow all the steps in the same way as listed.
Method 1: Restoring the Backup of the File
- First, you will have to open the company file on the system.
- You will then have to hover to the File menu.
- In the file menu, check if the option for stopping multi-user access is turned on. If it is enabled, you will have to disable it.
- Next, you need to change the name of the company file and ensure that there are only 120 characters in the name of the file.
Method 2: Change Quickbooks Nd and TLG file names
- For this, you will first have to find the folder in which you have stored the Quickbooks company file.
- Now, find the files having the same name as your company file but have ND and TLG extensions.
- When done, you will have to right-click on the ND file and then choose to rename it.
- After this, you will have to add OLD after the name of the file and then save it.
- Save it and then attempt opening the company file.
Method 3: Configure Antivirus or Firewall
One of the prominent reasons for facing the Quickbooks error 6000 is the incorrect configuration of the Quickbooks application. So, the next thing that you will have to do is to configure the firewall on the system. In case you are not aware of how to do it, you will have to download the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool. This tool will then enable you to configure the firewall settings according to the need of your system. When done, attempt to open the Quickbooks application on the system.
Method 4: Make sure Quickbooks Processes Are Terminated
- For this, you will have to first make sure that no application is running on your system.
- You will then have to open the task manager on the system.
- In the task manager, go to the processes tab.
- You will then have to individually choose all the Quickbooks related processes and then choose the end task option.
- When done, you will have to close the task manager window and then start Quickbooks again. Check if you can open Quickbooks in multi-user mode or not.
Method 5: Copying the Quickbooks Company File to Desktop
- For this, you will have to look for the folder in which you have stored your Quickbooks company file.
- Now, click on the company file and then choose the copy option.
- After this, go to the desktop and then choose to paste the file.
- You will then have to open the Quickbooks application.
- Attempt to open the Quickbooks file from the desktop
- When done, if you can open the file, move the file back to the original location.
This was all you need to know about the Quickbooks error 6000. All the causes and solutions for the error is provided in this guide. We hope that the article has helped you.